It’s important to us that you’re confident in your smile. If you suffer from chipped or misshapen teeth, or a large gap between teeth, dental veneers can be used to help improve the aesthetics of your smile. Dental veneers are thin covers that fit over the front of the teeth, boosting your confidence in your smile.
Why Veneers May Be Used
Dental veneers may be an option if you have:
- Teeth that have been chipped, broken, or worn down
- Stained or yellowed teeth that can’t be whitened by bleaching methods
- Misshapen or crooked teeth
- Large gaps or uneven spacing between the teeth
Your dental veneers may be made out of either composite resin material or porcelain. Each has benefits and drawbacks and Dr. Esmaili will be able to help you decide which option is right for you.
Candidates For Dental Veneers
You may be a candidate for dental veneers if:
- You have healthy teeth and gums. It’s important to make sure any issues have been treated or taken care of before you have veneers placed.
- You don’t have a history of grinding or clenching your teeth. If you do grind or clench, you may not want dental veneers, as too much pressure on them may cause them to break or chip.
- You keep regular dental appointments. Because decay and cavities can still form under the veneers, it’s important to see Dr. Esmaili regularly for cleanings and X-Rays to detect any potential problems early on.
Once you have dental veneers placed, you should care for them the same way you care for your natural teeth. Brush at least twice a day for two minutes at a time, floss at least once daily, and make sure to visit PeakView Dentistry every 6 months for a dental cleaning and exam.