PeakView Dentistry provides many different options for patients in need of a dental restoration. These types of procedures are designed to look and function exactly like natural teeth, making life easier for those with dental problems.
Types Of Dental Restorations
Below are a few of the most common types of dental restorations performed in our office:
- Sealants – Sealants are a clear liquid applied to the teeth in order to cover any vulnerable grooves or pits in the molars. Sealants are a preventative procedure usually performed on children 6-18 years old, who are still learning to care for their teeth properly.
- Dental Fillings – Once decay has been removed and a dental cavity has been thoroughly cleaned, a filling will be placed to cover the cavity. Fillings are placed in teeth where the damage is too small to warrant a dental crown, but large enough for decay to enter and infect the tooth.
- Crowns – Dental crowns cover the entire tooth, restoring its look and function. Crowns are needed when the area of decay encompasses more than half of the tooth.
- Veneers – Dental veneers are thin, porcelain shells that fit on the front side of the teeth. This cosmetic procedure is done to improve the color, shape, or length of the front teeth.
- Bridges – A dental bridge is used to fill in any gaps in your smile. The teeth on either side of the gap will be placed with dental crowns and an artificial tooth will be anchored in between them, filling in the space.
- Removable Dentures – Dentures are used to replace missing teeth, usually when multiple teeth are missing. Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth still remain and full dentures are used when all of the teeth have been removed. Dentures are artificial teeth mounted on a gum-colored base.
If you are self-conscious about your smile or if you feel you’re in need of restorative dentistry, please don’t hesitate to contact our office today. Our friendly dentist, Dr. Bahar Esmaili is committed to providing quality dental care to the citizens of Boulder, CO.